customer relationships with channels, intermediaries and customer when
marketing and selling through intermediaries.
sell their products and services to the end user through partners,
distributors, dealers, retailers, financial intermediaries, and other
similar channels. This process raises some important issues in seeking
an effective customer relationship process and systems.
of the frequently issues raised are:
Who is the customer, intermediary or buyer?
• Who owns the customer?
• Who 'owns' for marketing purposes, the product or service
• What is the lifecycle of the product?
• What happens if (when) the relationship with the intermediary
• Can the diverse interests of the manufacturer, publisher,
underwriter, packager be combined for
• What is the role of the 'brand'?
• How do outsourced services fit into the relationship building/management
help you address these issues in terms of your business, establish
appropriate processes and relate these to required systems.